The Austin Center for Grief & Loss has further expanded and is actively seeking a Bilingual ENG/ESP Contract Therapist (TX-LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LMFT-Associate, and LPC-Associate). Austin Grief is seeking a therapist to work with couples, families, teens and children with focus on grief and loss, including complicated grief and trauma. The position will be hybrid in-person and virtual to best serve the needs of our clients. COVID safety protocols are practiced.
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss manages all insurance credentialing, billing, marketing, and provides clinical records software. Austin Grief offers a responsive support team including client care, technical and 24/7 clinical support. We also offer ongoing peer consultation and training opportunities, competitive rates, and schedule flexibility with weekend hours available. Work from home now via telehealth, with the option to see clients in person. Apply today to join our compassionate and experienced team!
Only qualified candidates should apply. Email is the preferred method of communication and submission. Please do not contact the organization or members of the staff or board directly. We will only contact applicants whose experience matches our criteria. Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for details.
Position Title: Bilingual ENG/ESP Contract Family Therapist
Reports To: Clinical Director
Job Classification: Contract
To assist adults and children as they move from loss to life through support, therapy, education, training and consultation throughout the greater Austin area.
Our Core Values
Compassionate, professional care
Empowerment of each individual
Spirituality within the struggle
Transformative power within loss
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization focused on grief and trauma with the mission to assist children and adults as they move from loss to life, transforming their grief through therapy, support, education, training and consultation. The Austin Center for Grief & Loss provides services to individuals and families who have experienced a loss due to the death of a loved one from illness, miscarriage, accident, suicide, or violence; along with those who have experienced loss due to divorce or separation.
1. A minimum of a master’s degree in either counseling or clinical social work and active/current licensed (TX-LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LMFT-Associate, and LPC-Associates). Experience seeing couples and families preferred.
2. Proof of current professional liability insurance.
3. Sign a confidentiality agreement with Austin Grief committing to handle client information in a confidential manner to protect and preserve the right to privacy and to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws.
4. Agree to a background check.
5. If Austin Grief pays to have therapist credentialed with insurance providers, therapist agrees to a one-year commitment to Austin Grief.
6. Maintain availability of 8 to 15 hours per week for client appointments. Some nights may be required to meet the needs of clients. Weekend hours are available.
7. Contract Therapist is expected to attend a monthly staff meeting, a monthly individual meeting with the Clinical Director, and one peer consultation monthly at Austin Grief.
What it Looks Like
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is a strength based, supportive, collaborative, trauma informed organization.
The position could require some weekend work. Compensation dependent on licensure, fully licensed clinician is $60 per hour for all direct services provided. 8-15 hours per week to start, with additional hours available.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individual in the United States legally, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.