The Austin Center for Grief & Loss has further expanded and is actively seeking a select number of fully licensed contract therapists (TX LMFT, LPC, or LCSW ONLY) to work 10-15 hours per week. Austin Grief is seeking therapists to work with adults, couples, and adult families as well as a therapist to work with children and families, all with focus on grief and loss, including complicated grief and trauma. The position will be hybrid in-person and virtual to best serve the needs of our clients.
Austin Grief manages all insurance credentialing, billing, and provides TheraNest clinical records software. Austin Grief offers a responsive support team including client care, technical and 24/7 clinical support. We also offer ongoing peer consultation and training opportunities, competitive rates, and schedule flexibility with weekend hours available. Apply today to join our compassionate and experienced team!
Please send a detailed resume that explains educational and professional background. Cover letter should explain why you are interested in this position, and how and why the mission of The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is meaningful to you. Provide at least three specific examples of the pertinent experience you bring to Austin Grief. Please include at least three relevant professional references. Email is the preferred method of communication and submission. Please do not contact the organization or members of the staff or board directly. We will only contact applicants whose experience matches our criteria. Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for details.
Position Title: Contract Therapist
Reports To: Clinical Director
Job Classification: Contract
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is actively seeking a fully licensed contract therapist to work with adults, couples, and adult families with focus on grief and loss.
Benefits of Working for Austin Grief
Office space provided
Marketing and obtaining clients provided by Austin Grief
Electronic health record and billing software and training provided by Austin Grief
Costs of getting credentialed with insurance providers covered
Collegial work environment. Ability to grow and learn with a very experienced team of colleagues in a supportive environment.
To assist adults and children as they move from loss to life through support, therapy, education, training and consultation throughout the greater Austin area.
Our Core Values
Compassionate, inclusive, and professional care
Empowerment of each individual
Spirituality within the struggle
Transformative power within loss
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization focused on grief and trauma with the mission to assist children and adults as they move from loss to life, transforming their grief through therapy, support, education, training and consultation. The Austin Center for Grief & Loss provides services to individuals and families who have experienced a loss due to the death of a loved one from illness, miscarriage, accident, suicide, or violence; along with those who have experienced loss due to divorce or separation.
A minimum of a master’s degree and active/current full licensure in TX (LCSW, LMFT, or LPC).
2. Proof of current professional liability insurance.
3. Sign a confidentiality agreement with Austin Grief committing to handle client information in a confidential manner to protect and preserve the right to privacy and to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws.
4. Agree to a background check.
5. If Austin Grief pays to have therapist credentialed with insurance providers, therapist agrees to a one-year commitment to Austin Grief.
6. Maintain availably of 10 to 15 hours per week for client appointments. Some nights may be required to meet the needs of clients. Weekend hours are available.
1. Follow the current office policies and procedures: creation and maintenance of client files; filing of all records and communication with clients and potential clients; reserving space for client appointments; appropriate documentation of therapy fees collected and appointment no-shows.
2. Submit a time sheet recording and reporting all appointments on the 1st and 15th of each month.
3. Keep accurate notes for each therapy session and communication with clients. Notes must be filed in the client’s confidential file within 48 hours of the completed session.
4. Attend the monthly all-staff meeting. Therapist will be paid for their time.
5. Attend monthly individual consultation with the Clinical Director. Therapist will be paid for their time.
6. Attend continuing education opportunities offered by Austin Grief at no cost. Regular peer consultation sessions are offered twice monthly for all therapists– attendance at one peer consultation session a month is required.
8. Work with adults, couples, and families.
9. Be available to see clients both via telehealth and in person.
What it Looks Like
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is a strength based, supportive, collaborative, trauma-informed organization.
Compensation for fully licensed clinician is $60 per hour for all direct services provided; 10-15 client hours per week to start, with additional hours available.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individual in the United States legally, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.