The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is actively seeking a fully licensed Contract Therapist, LCSW, LMFT, or LPC, to work with adults, couples and adult families with focus on grief and loss, including complicated grief and trauma.
To apply please send a detailed resume that explains educational and professional background. Cover letter should explain why you are interested in this particular position, how and why the mission of The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is meaningful to you, and at least three specific examples of the pertinent experience you bring to Austin Grief. Please include at least three relevant professional references.
Only qualified candidates should apply. Email is the preferred method of communication and submission. Please do not contact the organization or members of the staff or board directly. We will only contact applicants whose experience matches our criteria. Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See below for details.
Licensed Contract Therapist, LCSW, LMFT, or LPC
Position Title: Licensed Contract Therapist
Reports To: Clinical Director
Job Classification: Contract
To assist adults and children as they move from loss to life through support, therapy, education, training and consultation throughout the greater Austin area.
Our Core Values
Compassionate, professional care
Empowerment of each individual
Spirituality within the struggle
Transformative power within loss
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization focused on grief and trauma with the mission to assist children and adults as they move from loss to life, transforming their grief through therapy, support, education, training and consultation. The Austin Center for Grief & Loss provides services to individuals and families who have experienced a loss due to the death of a loved one from illness, miscarriage, accident, suicide, or violence; along with those who have experienced loss due to divorce or separation.
1. Contract therapists for Austin Grief must have a minimum of a master’s degree in either counseling or clinical social work. Proof of this degree and active/current full licensure (LCSW, LMFT, or LPC) is required.
2. The therapist must also agree to ongoing consultations regarding Austin Grief cases with the Clinical Director as determined by the Director.
3. Contract therapist must provide Austin Grief with proof of purchase of a current professional liability insurance policy.
4. Contract therapist must sign a confidentiality agreement with Austin Grief for purposes of client information that will be handled in a confidential manner to protect and preserve the right to privacy and to ensure compliance with State and Federal laws.
5. Contract therapist must provide information for a background check.
6. Contract Therapist will agree to a one-year commitment after they have become credentialed with insurance providers.
7. Contract Therapist is expected to maintain availably of 10 to 15 hours per week for client appointments. Some nights will be required to meet the needs of clients. Weekend hours are available.
1. Follow the current office procedures related to the creation and maintenance of client files, filing of all records and communication with clients and potential clients, reserving space for client appointments, and appropriate documentation of therapy fees collected and appointment no-shows.
2. All appointments should be recorded and reported monthly to the clinical director by submitting a time sheet.
3. Therapists will keep accurate notes for each therapy session and communication with clients. These notes should be filed in the client’s confidential file within 48 hours of the completed session.
4. Therapists are expected to attend the monthly staff meeting at Austin Grief and will be paid for their time. If the therapist is unable to attend these meetings, it is their responsibility to check with the Clinical Director about any important new information pertinent to their work that was discussed at the meeting.
5. Therapists are expected to attend monthly individual meeting with the Clinical Director and will be paid for their time.
6. Therapists will make every effort to attend continuing education opportunities offered by Austin Grief. Regular peer consultation sessions are offered twice monthly for all therapists– attendance at one peer consultation session month is required.
7. Therapists will not engage in any behavior involving dishonesty or moral turpitude that could injure the reputation of Austin Grief. Therapists will also represent Austin Grief in the therapy community with appropriate consideration of their profession.
8. Therapist must be willing to work with adults, couples and adult families.
9. During this season of COVID-19 all services are provided via Telehealth.
What it Looks Like
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is a strength based, supportive, collaborative, trauma informed organization.
Schedule flexibility during COVID-19 is needed, with a transition to evening availability when services return to on-site. The position could require some weekend work. Compensation for fully licensed clinician is $50 per hour for all direct services provided. 10-15 hours per week to start, with additional hours available.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Austin Center for Grief & Loss is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individual in the United States legally, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation or belief.